Central New York Board #38 joined the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials, Inc. (IAABO) in 1925. As a member of this prestigious organization, which is a nonprofit service and professional organization managed by and for basketball referees, our stated purposes are:
- To educate, train develop and provide continuous instruction for basketball officials.
- To promote the welfare of the game of basketball, it’s players and officials.
- To maintain the highest standard of basketball officiating.
- To encourage the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship.
- To have available at all times an adequate number of thoroughly trained and capable officials.
To cooperate with all organizations official connected with the game of basketball in furthering its interests and ideals. IAABO has been the undisputed and unparalled leader in worldwide training of basketball officials in the areas of:
- Basketball rules
- Mechanics and techniques of officiating
- Organization of local official’s groups
- Development of curricula and standards by which other official’s organizations are judged.
If you are interested in more information about IAABO Board #38 please contact us
If you are interested in joining IAABO Board #38 please fill out an application
to attend our fall clinic.
Officers of IAABO Board #38 for 2018-2019:
|2nd Vice President